This was the content of the homepage before we switch to a new layout. The content is kept here for record keeping purposes.
The Everything Blog
MAKA is about everything and nothing in particular. Anything goes. If you’re in for a wild ride — well, you’re in for a wild ride. Maka is an embodiment of nothing, something, and everything.
This website is under construction.
- I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. – T.S. Eliot
- Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard. – Anne Spencer
- Do you know how helpless you feel if you have a full cup of coffee in your hand and you start to sneeze? – Jean Kerr
- Our culture runs on coffee and gasoline, the first often tasting like the second. – Edward Abbey
- Eating rice cakes is like chewing on a foam coffee cup, only less filling. – Dave Barry
- Way too much coffee. But if it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever. – David Letterman
Books to Read
Sci-fi Books to Read
Isaac Asimov – Foundation, Robot, and Empire series.
Business Books to Read
Peter Thiel – Zero to One
Pinterest is, in my opinion, one of the best ways to get inspiration for almost any topics. There are certain areas in which Pinterest really excel, for example, recipes, crafts, fashion, and gift ideas.
Pinterest Boards to Follow
Pinterest Accounts to Follow
Other Random Stuff to Check Out
Games to Play
What is Stardew Valley?
Stardew Valley is a relaxing farming game. If you a Harvest Moon fan you’ll love this game. Personally I think this game is THE best co-op game for couples.
What Powers This Blog?
The blog comes alive. What made this Frankenstein? But we aren’t answering those questions before you hide your pitchforks, folks.
What web hosting company does MAKA use?
We are hosted by DigitalOcean — an unmanaged VPS provider.
What software/app does MAKA use?
This blog runs on WordPress — an open-source content management system that is free.
What theme does MAKA use?
We’re using a free GeneratePress theme. There’s a Pro/Premium version that costs $49.95 per year, but we aren’t using that. We are cheap.
What plugins does MAKA use?
Not too many! I hope we’ll stay this way. It’s not always possible but you really shouldn’t have too many plugins installed on your WordPress blog.
WP Fastest Cache – I think WP Total Cache has more functionality but WP Fastest Cache feels fast and slim.
Classic Editor – Sorry Gutenberg, you’re just not working for me. I don’t want to be visually building a webpage when I just want to type without distraction.